Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hell Week

So this has been a week from hell. Just a bad bad week. It seemed like everything that could go wrong, did, and spectacularly. I won't bore you to death by listing all the things that went wrong for me. No one likes to read a blog that's just bitching right? So, let me think of the good that happened this week and go from there.

I finally got the job I wanted. I started at Head Start as a Paid Aide on a temporary basis for a teacher's aide that was on leave. Then, when the other teacher's aide went on leave, they hired me as a temporary employee. I think this was because I was the only paid aide that showed up consistently. The only other reliable paid aide at the time was this great older woman who unfortunately couldn't work more than 2 or 3 days a week.

So last week sometime, the main office decided that one of the teacher's aides that were on leave wouldn't be coming back, so they hired me full time as of Monday. This is great news, because I am always so nervous when I don't have health insurance which I'll have December 1st.

I watched The Happening last night. I thought it was kinda lame. If you haven't watched it, and plan to, skip to the next paragraph. But I thought it was a whole lot of lame shit to sit through only to find out that plants are getting even with the people for not taking care of the planet. Personally, I think if you are going to make a movie about murderous plants, it should be over the top and cheese to let your audience know how stupid you know the idea is. I refer you to Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, and Little Shop of Horrors.

Right this moment as I type there are two little boys brushing my hair. I love moments like this. I have some of the sweetest children.

Last night was the first time Alex's kids got to stay with us, and it was so much fun. Adding two kids to the bedtime routine wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but yesterday was an unusual day, so we can't really count that as the standard. They might have been exhausted from Trick or Treating, or the 6 hour car trip they had that day. Tomorrow night we will know for sure, because they get to stay again.

I don't think I have much else to say. I hope that you didn't have a week from hell too.

Thanks for reading!

~Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment