Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I love Hannah!

So I crawled into bed with Hannah, who is four and a half. She likes to ask lots and lots of silly questions until we both end up giggling. This night the following conversation took place.

Hannah: Mommy who made me?
Me: Mommy and Daddy did.
Hannah: Who made Josh?
Me: Mommy and daddy.

This continues for a few minutes about everyone she knows, some of them twice.

Hannah: Mommy? How did you make me?
Me: (panic) Ummm... with love! (Here I crossed my fingers and hoped that was good enough for her)
Hannah: What did you make me with?
Me: What do you mean?
Hannah: What stuff did you make me with? How did you make me? Did you sew me?
Me: (giggling) No I didn't sew you!

I ended up giving her a basic explanation of how sometimes when mommies and daddies love each other a lot a daddy can plant a seed and a baby grows.

Tonight she was questioning me on why I had three babies when some of my friends just had one.

I wasn't sure how to explain that one. I told her that I was got very lucky and grew three babies instead of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment