Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Unexplained cheese

I've been sick for a couple of days. I woke up Sunday with no voice, and no energy. Monday, the lack of energy continued, but my throat hurt, and there was a cough. Todays pleasantness includes a sinus pressure headache, a bad cough, and of course that lack of energy. I can't WAIT to see what's in store for tomorrow. (sarcasm).

There's been a lot of crazy weather here, but of course it's Indiana, so it's expected. Tons of snow and cold one day, 50 the next and all the snow is gone. Fog, tons of rain and even a tornado warning. I think it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.

I went to a meeting tonight, for team captains for the March of Dimes walk. I got a few good ideas on fund raising, some motivation, and some cheese.

My goal for the year is $300. I hope that I can reach it. Adam dug out a bunch of pictures for me to look at today, including some of the triplets time in the NICU. Hearing the Ambassador talk about her NICU experience, and seeing the pictures gets me very emotional. When I am in crisis mode, I don't let myself react. But now when I think about the time they spent in the NICU, and how very lucky we were that they weren't sicker, I get quite emotional.

This is going to sound like a sales pitch. But if you donate, it could help other mothers from going through that. Going through the pain of having to leave your baby behind in the hospital. From waking up two or three three times a night to call the NICU to make sure that your children are alright.

http://www.marchforbabies.org/demoret

I should explain the cheese, right? Unexplained cheese is a bad thing.

At the meeting there was a drawing for prizes! The prize choices were either, a cheese basket (donated from our local cheese factory), tickets to a Purdue Women's Basketball game, and tickets to the Children's museum.

My name was drawn second, so I chose the cheese. I get in the Children's Museum for $1, and I have no interest in Purdue Women's Basketball, so cheese was the obvious choice.

I finally decided what my next tattoo will be, but you'll just have to wait for the pictures.

Thanks for reading. I'll try to do something interesting before my next blog.

~Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment