Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Licking things and Starting over

Don’t lick anything without asking.

I actually said that to my son yesterday. Just one of those things that comes out of your mouth without even thinking about it. See, I had a box of donuts sitting on the kitchen table. My fault totally, you can’t leave something like that unattended in front of four year olds and expect them to resist. Josh was stalking the donuts, and felt compelled to lick the box. (He’s an odd duck) The problem being that it had one of those peanut allergy warnings on it. So I explained to Josh that the donuts could make him sick, and made the aforementioned phrase without thinking.

Some of you may have heard that Adam and I have separated. I don’t really want to divulge the reasons behind the split, no one person was at fault, and I will not be trash talking Adam, and I don’t see him doing it to me either. We will remain friendly, and work together to co-parent our children, and anger, bitterness, and mud slinging have no place in parenting. Whatever issues there were, don’t much matter at this point, we just need to move on to this next phase of our relationship, as friends, and co-parents.

I would also like to say that I don’t expect any of our mutual friends to take sides. Though if you feel like you would rather be his friend than mine, I won’t hold that against you either.

Thanks for reading my blog.

~Kel

(2010 Commentary)
I have a great ex-husband. I really do. We are much better friends than we ever were when we had a relationship. He spends lots of time with our children, and is still involved in the day to day decisions. He has never tried to turn any of our mutual friends against me, and I have never tried to turn them against him. He truly is a great father!

No comments:

Post a Comment