Thursday, April 24, 2008

A message for you all

I am not perfect. I've never claimed to be. I never thought I was even close. Hell, half the time I don't even see myself as a good person. I make plenty of mistakes.

I know that not all of you agree with my life choices. I know some of you are thinking I'm a pretty shitty person right now. But it's MY life. You don't have to live it, I do. I wasn't happy. You don't know the whole story, you likely never will.

I could give you a thousand justifiable reasons for the choices I have made recently, but if you were my true friend, you would know them, you would understand without me justifying things, and you would be supportive of my happiness, not trying to make me feel horrible about it.

I have felt horrible for who I am for long enough. I am just starting to see that I am a worthwhile person, and that there is a place for me in this world. Rather than before when I felt like if I died, it wouldn't matter to a single person.

Maybe if you are actually my friend, you'll understand that. Or maybe, you'll ask me before you make your own assumptions about my reasons for changing my life.

~Kel

(2010 Commentary)
This blog was written a month or so after Adam and I announced that we were separating. There were lots of rumors and things going around. I debated putting this up here at all, but I am posting it all, good and bad.

I lost a lot of friends after Adam and I split up. Some were a shock to me honestly, but all in all I'm better without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment