Monday, May 5, 2008

Birthday Weekend

It's been a busy birthday weekend, but all in all pretty good. I woke up Friday morning morning, and after the usual routine, decided that what I REALLY needed to start my birthday right, was some food from IHOP. My hope was to get the Whocakes I had before that were in the picture that was my default for a long time, but alas, they were gone. So upon arrival and menu perusal I decided upon Caramel Banana Stuffed French Toast. Yum, right?! French Toast stuffed with banana cream topped with bananas pecans and caramel.

That my friends is a multiple foodgasmic breakfast right there...

Only, they didn't have it. :( So I got plain boring normal french toast. It made me sad.

So then I went home.

The rest of my afternoon was fun. I got some good gifts, two lilac bushes, some tv shows i like on dvd, and a 2 gig card for my phone, a grill, and a gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings!

On my birthday, I did something symbolic. I planted a tree. This seems like a new chapter of my life, so many changes, so much behind me, and so much ahead of me, I felt like I should plant a tree, so that over the years I can look back and see how far I've come, visually.

Friday night my daughter threw me a party. Saturday, I dropped the kids off at my mothers and went traipsing through the woods to find mushrooms. Then I went to dinner, and came home and made dessert.

I got to sleep in the next day, and then went to watch Alex fly his remote control plane, that he won't let me touch, and then took a nap. I picked my kids up at 5 then made use of my new grill with hamburgers, hot dogs, and corn on the grill.

School for the triplets ends NEXT WEEK! omg. What am I going to do?!? lol I'll go crazy. Morgan is in school until the 28th.

Thanks for reading!

~Kel

(2010 Commentary)

The symbolic tree I planted died. The grill didn't last a year, and Alex still won't let me touch his planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment