Sunday, June 1, 2008

A day in my world

My kids are a constant source of amusement. I say that a lot, but for those of you who know them, you know it is true. I'm not just doing that whole mom blind spot thing where I'm bragging about things that aren't true.

Want some proof? Why not read several snippets from a day in Kelli's world:

Yesterday, somewhat spontaneously, it was decided that a trip to the Zoo was in order for the Sunday activity. We got up fairly early for a Sunday, and had some breakfast before heading out. Now, I always ambitiously set a time I'd like to leave by, and almost always fail miserably at it. I think we left town at 10:30ish. Of course, part of that lateness was due to forgetting the zoo pass at home. But we won't dwell on my forgetfulness, ok? Ok.

So... I have always been fascinated by toddler/preschooler conversations. When one or two or even three toddler/preschoolers have a conversation, the results are usually hilarious. I get to overhear these conversations a lot. But the funniest times are when I hear just a bit of a conversation, and I don't know what came before, or what came after, but what I did hear just throws me. For example. While driving today, I heard the following from my Josh:

"I am freaking out! There was a girl there, and she freaked out on me!"

Now. If any of you know what the hell that's about, feel free to explain in the comments.

We arrived in Indianapolis today, to find that the exit Google Maps wanted us to take was closed. Luckily it was one of those exits that right after it, is an exit to the same street going the opposite direction. So we were quickly back on track, or so we thought...

We quickly encountered a traffic officer. Waving us to turn the way we did not want to turn. I took this in stride, expecting to just turn at the next road, and go back. Oh but NoooooooOOoooOOOoo...

As I was driving, I noticed that every turn going that direction, also had an officer waving people away. Around this time, I noticed a giant, massively huge, long ass line of motorcycles. It was at this moment that I realized that I had been hearing about some huge ride for charity on the radio recently, and decided this was probably it. So I drove up the road, and then got a little lost.

Now, here is another fun Mommy moment:

Frustrated with my inability to cross one MAIN road in Indy (W. Washington for those in the know) and the fact that I was all turned around and lost, the following conversation took place:

Me: (to Alex) Ugh! I don't even know where I am right now!

Alex opened his mouth to respond, when from the back of the van came:

Josh: Hey Alex! (this was yelled)

Alex: (distractedly, because we were trying to figure out what to do next) What Josh?

Josh: Where's my mom at?

Alex: (points at me, still distracted) She's right there.

Josh: Hey Mom! You're right there! That's where you are!

Laughter followed.

We eventually arrived at the zoo. And headed to have lunch. The lunch came with animal crackers, and the kids weren't too hungry. After lunch they decided they didn't want the crackers. Josh gave me his bag to eat, and Eric gave his bag to Alex. I was talking to Eric, shortly after, and offered him a cookie from Josh's bag. Eric just bit the head off, and walked away. It was at this point that Alex looked into the bag of cookies Eric had gifted him, and found that all of them were headless. He had eaten only the heads.

Other amusement came in the form of animal confusion. When we got to the Rhino area, Eric yelled "Look a triceratops!" Josh later pointed at the Ostriches and said he wanted to go see the big chickens. I corrected him and told him what they were. A few minutes later, he was calling them "sausages." Sort of sounds the same, right?

I love my kids!

My next blog is my 100th. So, if you read this, send me as many random questions as you can think of, and I will do my best to answer them all in my next blog!

Thanks for reading!

~Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment